Your partner in business!
Representing a diversified, yet unified membership consisting of a large array of disciplines within the private and public sectors of Montana's Green Industry.
Scholarships for 4-H
Scholarships for FFA
- educational events offering continuing education units for MT Department of Ag; ISA; Urban IPM
- networking opportunities
- a voice at the state and local level on bills that affect our industry
- opportunities to show your support of our Veterans with work days on Montana’s Veterans facilities
- scholarships for Montana 4-H and FFA
AMTOPP’s Scholarship Program
Through the support of its members, AMTOPP offers scholarships to Montana 4-H Clubs and Future Farmers of America (FFA).
A raffle is held each year at the annual conference to raise money for the scholarship fund.
Awarding two, $250 scholarships to Montana 4-H Clubs, and one $500 scholarship to a college-bound (FFA) student.
The 4-H Scholarship is awarded to the 4-H individuals or clubs with the best project that will benefit their club and their community.
The FFA Scholarship recipients use their money for college expenses.
Some of the projects include:
- Starting a community garden in the community, using the money to buy seeds and starter plants.
- Install a native garden at a local city park in their community.
- Plant Aspen and Cottonwood trees on the creek bank of school grounds as an experiment to see if they would push out the Russian Olive trees.
- Create a spirit garden
- Construct raised beds with drip irrigation to grow crops for Katie’s Krops*
- Plant a small organic apple orchard
*Katie’s Krops (www.katiekrops.com) is a foundation that sponsors youth across the US to grow gardens that help fight against hunger.
The 4H Scholarship Application is due February 1, each year and the FFA Scholarship Application is due January 30, each year.
APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
Applications can be found on the respective organizations’ websites:
If you know of a club or individual who could benefit from one of these scholarships, please let them know it is available.